Colombo (LNW): Three of four counts of sexual assault charged against Sri Lankan Cricketer Dhanushka Gunathilaka have been dropped by Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney, Australia.
Gunathilaka was accused of sexually assaulting a woman whom he is said to have met online in her residence.
The Sri Lankan Cricketer was arrested at his T20 World Cup team’s hotel in Sydney last year with four counts of unconsented sexual intercourse.
Prosecutor Hugh Buddin appearing for the Director of Public Prosecutions, told the court that one charge had been certified but the remaining three counts had been withdrawn.
Magistrate Clare Farnan, accordingly, dismissed the counts.
Solicitor appearing for Gunathilaka Alen Sahinovic said the parties were yet to have a case conference and asked for the matter to return to court on July 13, 2023, adding that he expects it to proceed to committal on that date.