Possible consequences of Dhaka-17 by-election in Bangladesh
- Restore the phrase “Complete faith and trust in the Almighty Allah” in the constitution,
- Pass a law in parliament keeping a provision of the capital punishment of death sentence to prevent defaming Islam,
- Taking measures for stringent punishment of self-declared atheists and bloggers, and anti-Islamists who made derogatory remarks against Prophet Muhammad. Also taking steps to stop the spread of “propaganda”,
- Stopping infiltration of all “alien-culture”, including “shamelessness” in the name of individual’s freedom of expression, anti-social activities, adultery, free mixing of males and females and candle-lighting. Women must be encouraged to wear hijab and their overall security must be ensured. Stopping harassment of women, open fornication and adultery, sexual harassment, all forms of violence against women and an end to the tradition of dowry,
- Make Islamic education mandatory from primary to higher secondary levels canceling the women policy and anti-religion education policy,
- Officially declare Ahmadiyyas as non-Muslim,
- Stopping erection of sculptures at intersections, schools, colleges and universities across the country,
- Lifting restrictions on prayers for ulema [read radical Islamic militants] in all mosques across the country, including Baitul Mukarram National Mosque,
- Stopping Anti-Islamic content in media,
- Halt to anti-Islam activities by NGOs across the country, including in the Chittagong Hill Tracts; Hefazat fears a “foreign conspiracy” to separate Chittagong Hill Tracts from Bangladesh and make it a Christian state,
- Stop attacks and extrajudicial killing of ulema [read radical Islamic militants],
- Stopping harassment of teachers and students of Qawmi [Koranic] madrassas and ulema,
- Freedom for all arrested ulema and madrassa students and withdrawal of all cases filed against them, compensation for the victims, and bringing the assailants to justice.
What’s your Reaction?