Foreign Minister initiates orientation for 10 new SL envoys
Colombo (LNW): Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Sabry initiated a two-week Orientation Programme for Sri Lanka’s Heads of Mission designate.
Minister Sabry outlined key foreign policy priorities of the government under President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
The Heads of Mission will play a crucial role in supporting Sri Lanka’s economic recovery. The programme will cover various areas, including trade, investment, employment, tourism, consular affairs, and public diplomacy.
It will also include visits to several provinces and interactions with private sector and civil society representatives. Ten newly appointed Heads of Mission will undertake these roles.
- Ambassador-designate to Italy Satyajit Rodrigo (SLFS),
- Ambassador-designate to Egypt Madurika Weninger (SLFS),
- High Commissioner-designate to Bangladesh Dharamapala Weerakkody (SLFS),
- High Commissioner-designate to Singapore Senerath Dissanayake (SLFS),
- Ambassador-designate to Belgium and the European Union Chandana Weerasena (SLFS),
- High Commissioner-designate to India Kshenuka Senewiratne (retd. SLFS),
- High Commissioner-designate to Pakistan Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne,
- Ambassador-designate to Nepal Air Marshal Sudharshan Pathirana,
- Ambassador-designate to Cuba Admiral Nishantha Ulugetenne, and
- High Commissioner-designate to the UK Rohitha Bogollagama.